Frequently Asked Questions about BeachPoint Cottages & Siesta Key
Is there plenty of parking at BeachPoint?
Yes, we have free off-street parking for one car per cottage for our guests. (Two for two bedroom units if needed.) If you plan on having a drop by guest, they will need to find off property parking.
By the way, if you want to get around on the key, you really won’t need a car. In addition to Uber & Lyft for a necessary try to the mainland, there are numerous free ride (tips only) services on the key. We even have free loaner bikes on property for our guests. And Siesta Key has 3 open air free trolleys – see current schedule below.
- Monday-Sunday 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday extended weekend hours till Midnight.
- The vendor is following Sarasota County standards for cleaning, including nightly sanitation and disinfection of high-touch surfaces at the end of each loop.
- As with all SCAT operations and Sarasota County facilities, please do not enter/use if you are sick.
What’s the weather like on Siesta Key?
You will likely hear locals greet one another with “just another day in paradise”. And it’s true, Siesta Key has truly magnificent tropical weather. You can generally expect mild winter days and tropical breezes. It stays warm here well into “winter” for other locations. So locals only have an excuse to wear a coat for very short times each year.
These are averages. We suggest that you check your favorite weather site online for the latest current details.
What is the minimum age to make a reservation at BeachPoint Cottages?
The minimum age to rent a cottage at BeachPoint is 21 years old.
What age is considered a child for purposes of occupancy?
A small child is 12 years old and under. Ages 13 and over are considered adults.
What will be supplied in my cottage?
Our cottages include amenities to make you feel right at home. All of our cottages include:
- Kitchens with (Mr. Coffee type) coffee maker and filters (just bring your favorite coffee beans)
- Appliances include: microwave, refrigerator w/ice maker, stove (hotplate in #4)
- Adequate glasses, dishes, cookware, etc. for stated occupancy
- Free WiFi (code will be supplied in your check in detail email)
- Free use of beach carts and chairs
- Free use of bikes and paddleboards
- 3 large gas grills with gas tanks on property
- Convenient 0utside showers to rinse off the beach sand
- One washer/dryer available for guest use in afternoon/evenings (located under the stairwell to Cottage 5)
- Flat screen TV’s
- Some dog friendly units – 1 small dog per cottage; ( a cleaning fee applies). There are weight and breed limitations – call us or see specific information about dogs at BeachPoint Cottage.
- Fountains and colorful art throughout property – there’s Old Florida charm on our lush tropical property
- Night lights to write home about
- Beach huts / tiki tables in the common patio area
- Choose your vacation style: Quiet cottages on the shady garden side or cottages that open onto a popular common area where guests like to gather
- Huge palapa for added shade
- Large shaded patio in a beautiful tropical area
- Dedicated seating areas for each cottage
What do I need to bring for the beach?
BeachPoint provides free beach carts and beach chairs along with some bikes and sports equipment for you to use while staying here. So bring your bathing suit, sunscreen and a hat. We offer many free amenities that will make packing for your beach trip easy!
And they are all included in our quoted price. No surprise fees!
And when you’re on the beach, you’re close enough to take a quick walk back to your cottage for food, drinks, ice and other necessities.
Do you have free wifi?
Yes, we have fast, free WiFi for our guests. Our WiFi gets a 9.7 out of 10 rating. We will provide the password in your check in details email.
Can we rent the entire property?
Yes, we often have groups visit year after year for events and celebrations.
Can I change my non-refundable reservation dates?
Our non-refundable reservations are non-changeable. Moving a reservation to another time is not an option for non-refundable dates. See Terms & Conditions here. If you have concerns that conditions could cause you to need to make changes to your travel plans, we highly recommend that you obtain Travel Insurance.
What are the current beach / water conditions? What is the weather like?
Weather and coastal conditions are ever changing. To check coastal conditions and water quality, you may obtain up to date information from the Sarasota County Government or the state website for Florida Health. To see the latest weather forecast we recommend The Weather Channel. Other helpful traveler resources from the county are available here: Visit Sarasota.
Where can I purchase trip insurance?
You may purchase travel insurance directly from an insurance provider. There are also websites like SquareMouth and travelinsurance.com where you may obtain quotes from numerous insurers.
A quick search for “where to purchase travel insurance” will return numerous options. If you would like to learn more about trip insurance, there are many informative articles available.