Finding parking on Siesta Key can be challenging, especially during peak tourist season and on weekends. That’s one reason our location get’s a 10 out of 10 rating from our guests. We are within walking distance to the Village and right by the beach.
BeachPoint Cottages does have free off street parking for our guests. (One bedroom cottages have one parking space allocated, and two bedroom units have two available.) However, you may have friends or family visiting the key who need to locate additional parking. The following information may be useful.
It’s always a good idea to arrive on the key as early as possible if you need to secure a spot.
- There are about 25-30 spaces in a free municipal parking lot at 319 Avenida De Mayo. It is approximately a 1/2 mile walk from BeachPoint. This lot is small, so you have to get lucky to find a space.
- Siesta Public Beach has a large parking lot with 976 spaces – but on busy weekends and holidays they fill up early in the morning. The main beach is approximately 1.2 miles from BeachPoint. If guests park there, you can have them jump on the free trolley or grab a free ride cart to our property.
- Each beach access point also has some free parking. Here’s where the beach access points on Siesta Key are located.
- Siesta Key Village has metered parking spaces at several locations including: 5124 Ocean Blvd and 5160 Calle Minorga. Both of these locations are less than 1/2 mile from BeachPoint. These locations charge an hourly fee for parking.
- Private lots (hourly or for the day) are sometimes available – look for signs on the street.
- You may plan to look for street parking. However, most areas have parking restrictions or require permits. Read the signs carefully or you could return to find that your car has been ticketed or towed.
One of the reasons BeachPoint Cottages is so popular is our excellent location. Everything is within walking distance. In fact, many of our guests do not rent cars – they simply Uber or Lyft in. We are a 2-3 minute walk from the Village and we have free bicycles available for our guests.
There are also free-ride golf carts and the Siesta Breeze Trolley if guests want to explore the entire key.